A fine Chelsea Derby teabowl beautifully hand painted with cut fruit, leaf spays and insects c1775.
This example is marked to the base with an entwined gold anchor and D mark . This mark was used following the takeover of the Chelsea works in 1770 by William Duesbury and according to John Twitchett in his book on Derby porcelain this mark signifies that this example was actually made at Chelsea before the move to Nottingham Road.
The Royal Warrant was granted to the Derby manufactory in 1775 after which the crown was added to all Derby marks and continued into the 19th century.
The tea bowl stands 4.1cm tall and measures 7.6cm in diameter.
Condition is excellent with just some rubbing to the gilt rim.